Tuesday, September 16, 2008

painting rocks

I love rocks. Sometimes i am a little like Lucille Ball in "The Long, Long, Trailer", hauling way too many rocks in the car on road trips or weighing down my suitcase when i am flying.

I also love to paint rocks. It was something I did with my neighbor, Mrs. Gilardi, when i was little. She was an artist who enjoyed a good rock painting session. So combine my love of rocks with my love of frogs and toads and you get this:


... a series of toads in their houses. I just put the finishing touches on these today then decided to search on flickr to see what other kind of frog rocks were out there and was surprised to see there are a lot of really big rocks painted as frogs - big as in "landmarks"....
here are a few. Who knew? maybe i need to plan a road trip to one of these guys.....collecting rocks along the way......

in Missouri
from flickr member localozarkian


in Pennsylvania
from flickr user faceraser.

in Arizona

in Seattle

in Mexico
from flicker user ezbngrn

1 comment:

Kat said...

OMG, I love those giant frog rocks!

I can see a Frog Squad that goes around in the middle of the night, painting big rocks in parking-lot-landscaping and the like. . .

The one in the water is truly amazing.

xxx
kat