Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gloomy Bear collage




I love Gloomy bear. She is a character created by Japanese graphic designer, Mori Chack. I have a "stuffed" gloomy that lives in my car and another here in my studio. I recently made this collage in a burst of creativity. It is pretty large - 3 feet by 4 feet. I would like to turn it into a series and make all my favorite cartoon characters or advertising icons, like diggum the frog, the smurfs, bloo, spongebob, Zoidberg, Bender, frankenberry etc etc. Maybe i can get a grant, a ton of magazines and a gallery to support me in the making and showing of these collages. Thanks go out to Natalie Tischler for the magazines to make Gloomy.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

holy crap!! i love it!!! i want it in every color!

Natalie Tischler said...

Yeah! It's really cool! I will save more mags for you!

Christina said...

Go for it, Girl! You need to make Blue from Foster's next! Just sayin'....